Delicious & healthy version of Shepherd's Pie
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs of ground chicken breast
- 2 1⁄2 lbs of Sweet Potatoes
- 1 onion diced in 1” cubes
- 2 teaspoons of Rosemary, chopped fine
- 2 carrots, peeled & grated
- 4 ribs of celery, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons of oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 (10 ounce) box of frozen peas
- 1 very ripe banana
In a heavy skillet, heat oil and brown ground chicken breaking up pieces & add seasonings.
Place sweet potatoes in a pot covered with water & boil for 15 minutes or until tender.
Add rosemary, onions, carrots and celery to the turkey mixture & cook for about 5 minutes.
While veggies are cooking, in a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over a medium heat & add flour & whisk to make a roux for about 1 minute. Whisk in stock and season with salt & pepper. Cook a few minutes to thicken. Stir peas into meat & remove from heat.
Drain potatoes & return pot to heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Peel & slice banana & add to potatoes. Season mixture with salt, pepper and a few dashes of any hot sauce. Mash potatoes & banana.
Place meat mixture in a casserole dish & top with sweet potato mixture and bake at 425 for about 5-10 minutes.