This is a great hummus recipe made with fresh curly or Italian parsley that is so quick & easy to make. Hummus is a delicious snack and a wonderful source of protein... enjoy!
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 lemons freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons water or liquid from the chickpeas
- 8 dashes hot sauce
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin (optional)
Place garlic the food processor fitted with the steel blade and process until it's minced. Add the remaining ingredients and process until the hummus is pureed. Taste for seasoning. If too thick, thin with a drizzle of olive oil and pulse till desired consistency. Serve chilled or at room temperature with veggies, apple slices, pita, rice crackers or whole grain crackers.