This recipe is awesome for any day but especially Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. I gather the dry ingredients ahead of time in a container & add the wet at the last minute. Pop it in the oven and you have fresh homemade bread for dinner. This recipe will make 2 rounds loaves, enough for all your guests!
5- 1/4 cups Organic all-purpose flour
2- 1/2 cups Organic rolled oats
¼ cup of fresh rosemary, finely minced
1- 1/2 cups unsulphured organic cranberries
1 tablespoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2- 2/3 cups Organic buttermilk
1/3 cup Organic molasses
1/2 cup Organic brown sugar
1/4 cup Organic raw sugar
2 tablespoons Local wildflower honey
2 tablespoons Organic canola oil
1 Organic free range egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for round loaves.
2. Add all dry ingratiates plus rosemary and cranberries to medium bowl and set aside.
3. Using your electric mixer on low speed, mix buttermilk, molasses, honey, oil, egg & vanilla till combine.
4. Turn off mixer & add dry ingratiates & mix on low speed for 30 seconds, just long enough to combine. Do not over mix or you will have tough bread. Mixture should resemble moist cookie dough.
5. Divide in half & form into 2 free form loaves and place on baking sheet or put in loaf pans.
6. Cut an X in the middle of the loaf and bake for 50 minutes or until done.
This is so delicious; moist & chewy. Best if eaten the same day & especially while warm from the oven!
Recipe by Cindy Karas from “Gourmet Sensations, Healthy Food Alternatives for Body & Soul”